Here’s information about using words, images and video provided by or sourced from Urban Cottage Industries Ltd and our standard licensing agreement for images provided for publication.
Licensing images and other content
Image Licensing Agreement
Rights & Duties
2. In consideration of you accepting the terms of this agreement, we grant you a non-exclusive worldwide licence to incorporate the image(s) provided to you by us in any publication, whether print or electronic.
3. Excluding standard colour correction, image re-sizing, minor cropping, and file conversion for electronic publication, you must publish the image(s) as they were provided to you.
4. If you have not published the image(s) in the three month period starting with the day on which you received the image(s), then the licence expires at the end of that period in relation to any unpublished images.
5. If you have published any image(s) in the three month period starting with the day on which you received the image(s), you may continue to publish and/or re-print published images in perpetuity in any format in which the image(s) were published in that period.
6. You may not not sell, rent, loan, give, sublicense or otherwise transfer the image(s) or any right under this contract.
Credit & Copyright Notice
7. Unless stated otherwise, you are required to give the following credits when publishing the image(s).
8. For images relating to Factorylux branded lighting products:
– for print publication, the credit ‘Image courtesy of Factorylux’ or ‘Images courtesy of Factorylux’ or a notice to the like effect; or
– for electronic publication, the credit ‘Image courtesy of Factorylux’ or ‘Images courtesy of Factorylux’ or a notice to the like effect where the word ‘Factorylux’ or other text links to www.urbancottageindustries.com; or
9. For images relating to Prelogram branded print products:
– for print publication, the credit ‘Image courtesy of Prelogram’ or ‘Images courtesy of Prelogram’ or a notice to the like effect; or
– for electronic publication, the credit ‘Image courtesy of Prelogram’ or ‘Images courtesy of Prelogram’ or a notice to the like effect where the word ‘Prelogram’ or other text links to www.urbancottageindustries.com; or
10. We retain all the rights in the image(s) save as are licensed to you under this contract.
11. Nothing in this agreement licenses any rights relating to patents, trademarks or designs (registered or unregistered) which relate to the content of the image(s).
12. Nothing in this Agreement creates a relationship of agency, partnership or joint venture of any kind between you and us.
Warranty & Indemnity
14. We warrant that we are the holder of the copyright in the image(s) and have the right to grant you the rights in this licence and the work does not infringe the copyright or any other right of any third party.
15. We indemnify you for any copyright claims by third parties in relation to the use of the image(s), provided that the use of the images in is accordance with this licence.
Using content hosted at urbancottageindustries.com
All content (words, images, video & audio) on urbancottageindustries.com which is owned by Urban Cottage Industries Ltd is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. The terms and conditions in relation to content and the use of urbancottageindustries.com is on the terms and conditions page.
There’s a grey area between commercial and non-commercial use. To help make things clearer: we consider using content for publicly funded or part-funded educational or research purposes non-commercial. Personal free-to-access blogs are non-commercial, even if they host advertising. Professional print and electronic publications are commercial. Physical and online retailing is obviously commercial.
- If your intended use of content is commercial, please get in touch and we’ll decide whether to waive the non-commercial term.
- If you retail or supply Factorylux or Prelogram products, we’re keen to help and can wither waive the term or provide you with images and other content.
- If you’re not sure if your intended use is commercial or non-commercial, please get in touch and we’ll take a view on your use.
- If it’s not clear whether us or someone else owns the image, get in touch and we’ll confirm.